Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games (Hej! I dag i programmet «Hvordan til at ødelægge verden,» vi vil se på computerspil). At komme væk fra den barske virkelighed brutish reality har folk kommet op invented computerspil, hvor en masse kampe og sjov, men ingen dør all the fighting, all the fun, but none of the death Men folk ikke tager hensyn til, at mens alle leve lykkeligt online everyone is living happily online kan den virkelige verden ophøre med at eksistere the real world can cease to exist
- How do you spend your free time? Do you or your friends play computer games? How often?
- Match the words and their definitions:
1 Nasty (adj) a Cruel 2 Brutish (adj) b Thank God! 3 Escape from (v) c Killer 4 Thank goodness! d Unpleasant, dangerous, or painful 5 Ogre (n) e Causing great interest or excitement 6 Slayer (n) f To run away 7 Sword (n) g To come to an end 8 Exciting (adj) h To be 9 Abandoned (adj) i A giant, usually given to eating human flesh 10 Cease (v) j To become very weak or ill 11 Exist (v) k Deserted 12 To fade away l A weapon with a long metal blade and a handle
- Mark the sentences true (T) or false (F):
- Life’s always been nasty, brutish and long.
- Computer games were invented as a way to escape from everyday reality.
- Nowadays life is still stressful.
- Susie becomes a space princess in digital world.
- Online Frank is ogre, slayer of mammoth.
- Ogre has his own pub, magic sword, but he hates fighting.
- The digital world is far more exciting than the real world.
- The real world ceases to exist.
- Match A and B to make phrases, translate them into Russian and use in your own sentences: